My name is Scott and I have the following qualities:
- I am a lifelong learner.
- I have a variety of interests and often end up deep down the rabbit hole when learning something new.
- I like to exercise and get outside. I'm not obsessive about it, but I also like to eat good food.
- I'm a nerd who loves to dabble in new technologies.
- I am reading more in 2021.
- I love listening to podcasts. Some of my current favorites are Focused, Getting Smart, and The Bulwark.
A brief history.
I am currently the Director of Career & Innovation for a 30,000 student school district in Fort Collins, Colorado. I have been in this role since June 2018. From time to time, I am also an adjunct professor at the University of Northern Colorado.
Before landing here, I was on the education team at a Silicon Valley company that was started in a garage by two guys named Steve. In that role, I had the opportunity to with educational leaders from school districts around the country to envision, plan, implement, and scale innovative learning initiatives.
I have been a teacher, instructional technologist, and principal in Loveland, Colorado, Greeley, Colorado, and Broward County, Florida. I have also been an adjunct professor of educational leadership at Colorado State University where I taught Ethics and School Resource Management.